Sunday, August 19, 2012

Here's three more trailers...

...that might be better than the movies they advertise.
Here are three more trailers that might be better than the movies they advertise. Mostly new this time...



This. Movie. Looks. Awesome. Well, to me anyway. This trailer makes Branded, out September 7, look so weird that it must have something worthy going for it. It doesn't provide much in the way of explanation, but I bet the whole film is oddly confusing and obscure. I hope to high Heaven that the film is as good as this freaky trailer. Oh, and the way "Branded" is written at the very end? Brilliant. Reminiscent of Enter the Void's opening credits.


Now, I know excorcism movies are a dime-a-dozen and usually lame, but something about The Possession has me hooked. It isn't necessarily this trailer making me want to see it, although it is well-made, but the facts about the movie. It's apparently based on a true story. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is in it and he is great. He doesn't normally star in a film like this so I hope it will be unusal or out of the ordinary (extraordinary hopefully) in some way. Also, it seems to me to sort of be a modern Pandora's box story. I love a good myth modernized. And like always, it's the music that makes this trailer such a success. Will The Possession, out August 31, be as scary as the trailer? I doubt it, but I'm still seein' it.



This is the most tasteful, subtle, gentlest way to drop a movie about Facebook onto an audience. It shows the social networking site in a creepy, demented, and dark light that totally prepares you for the film that it advertises. This movie is one of my all-time favorites so, yes, The Social Network (2010) totally lives up to this excellent teaser. Like I always say, the music is the best part. The cover of Radiohead's "Creep" is just so perfect for the subject and theme. I love this teaser. I watch it today and it still gets me excited for a two-year-old movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment